Mostrar 3 resultadosRegisto de autoridade
José Carlos Loureiro has been practising architecture since 1947, when he established his first office, without legal formalities and using his own name. The office was in Porto, at Praça Filipe de Lencastre, number 22, 6th floor, room 102.
In the 1960s he moved to a new office in the Lima/Luso Buildings. In 1972 he committed himself to architecture. In 1976, in partnership with the architect Luís Pádua Ramos, with whom he had been collaborating since 1955, he established GALP - Gabinete de Urbanismo, Arquitectura e Engenharia, Lda., (commercial enterprise) but he kept working in his office. In 1982, his son José Manuel Loureiro, also an architect, joined the partnership.
Among the architects José Carlos Loureiro worked with in his office were Alcino Soutinho, Anni Gunther, Carlos Chaves de Almeida, José Gomes Fernandes, Luís Cunha, Manuel Correia Fernandes, Maria Noémia Coutinho, Noé Dinis (trainee), Pádua Ramos and Rogério Cavaca (trainee).
António Cardoso Pinheiro de Carvalho was born in Amarante on 21 July 1932. He graduated in history from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto. He is a historian and emeritus professor of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto. He is member of the General Council of José Marques da Silva Foundation Institute, member of the International Association of Art Critics (Portuguese section) and director of the Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso Museum, in Amarante. As a researcher he focuses on Portuguese architecture in general and Porto's architecture in particular. He specialises in the work of the architect Marques da Silva and painter Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso. His studies have been presented at a number of conferences and seminars. His national and international publications include: O Arquitecto José Marques da Silva e a Arquitectura no Norte do País na primeira metade do século XX [Architect José Marques da Silva and the Architecture in the North of the Country in the first half of the 20th century], (FAUP publications, 1997), and a collaboration in the Catalogue raisonné on the work of Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso (FCG, 2008).