Mostrar 7 resultadosRegisto de autoridade
José Carlos Loureiro has been practising architecture since 1947, when he established his first office, without legal formalities and using his own name. The office was in Porto, at Praça Filipe de Lencastre, number 22, 6th floor, room 102.
In the 1960s he moved to a new office in the Lima/Luso Buildings. In 1972 he committed himself to architecture. In 1976, in partnership with the architect Luís Pádua Ramos, with whom he had been collaborating since 1955, he established GALP - Gabinete de Urbanismo, Arquitectura e Engenharia, Lda., (commercial enterprise) but he kept working in his office. In 1982, his son José Manuel Loureiro, also an architect, joined the partnership.
Among the architects José Carlos Loureiro worked with in his office were Alcino Soutinho, Anni Gunther, Carlos Chaves de Almeida, José Gomes Fernandes, Luís Cunha, Manuel Correia Fernandes, Maria Noémia Coutinho, Noé Dinis (trainee), Pádua Ramos and Rogério Cavaca (trainee).
- Entidade coletiva
João Marcelino Queiroz established his architecture atelier in the 1920s, without legal formalities, under the name João Queiroz, Arquitecto, in a rationalist building on Rua de Santa Catarina, Porto.
During his career he worked on his own; he designed all the parts of his projects himself, even when the demand from his clients increased in the 1940s.
He designed some iconic buildings, mainly in the city of Porto, including: Cine Teatro Olímpia, Trindade Cinema, Café Magestic and created a design for Batalha Cinema (not built). In addition, João Queiroz also designed new, single-family and multi-family houses; interventions for public and private buildings, and was responsible for alterations, extensions, repair works, renovations, and constructing showrooms. He also carried out projects in the area of funerary architecture.
The designation of the collection of information produced and received by various members of the Marques da Silva/Moreira da Silva families is based on both family names.
José Marques da Silva, a central figure of the Marques da Silva family, and producer of relevant professional information, married a member of the Lopes Martins family and lived in one of the latter's houses, gentlemen with a confirmed presence in Brazil. The money brought from Brazil by the family was invested in the purchase of properties and of movable and immovable property. All the information produced by his wife, Júlia Lopes Martins, and her family, is incorporated in this collection.
He had two daughters with Júlia Lopes Martins. The younger one, Maria José Marques da Silva Martins, married David Moreira da Silva. Through that marriage, all the information about the Moreira da Silva family is also included in the “parent” family.
The classification of this family collection is thus based on these three family branches.
The designation of the information collection produced and received by various members of the family is based on the family names Meneses Tavares and Távora, with which Fernando Távora is affiliated. The family name derives from the last names of the first generation represented in the archive, Maria José Lobo de Sousa Machado Cardoso de Meneses and José Ferrão de Tavares e Távora, who got married in 1912 and had a son, Fernando Luís Cardoso de Meneses de Tavares e Távora. He, with Maria Luísa Meneses, forms the second generation represented in the archive.
António Cardoso Pinheiro de Carvalho was born in Amarante on 21 July 1932. He graduated in history from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto. He is a historian and emeritus professor of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto. He is member of the General Council of José Marques da Silva Foundation Institute, member of the International Association of Art Critics (Portuguese section) and director of the Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso Museum, in Amarante. As a researcher he focuses on Portuguese architecture in general and Porto's architecture in particular. He specialises in the work of the architect Marques da Silva and painter Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso. His studies have been presented at a number of conferences and seminars. His national and international publications include: O Arquitecto José Marques da Silva e a Arquitectura no Norte do País na primeira metade do século XX [Architect José Marques da Silva and the Architecture in the North of the Country in the first half of the 20th century], (FAUP publications, 1997), and a collaboration in the Catalogue raisonné on the work of Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso (FCG, 2008).